- We frequently deliver to hospitals in our local zones, however, given how sensitive their environment can be, we really have to defer to them and their system when it comes to making our deliveries there.
- For patient privacy, couriers and delivery persons are not allowed up to patient rooms.
- This means that 9 times out of 10, we're directed to deliver to the receptionist or flower desk and let them take it from there. Usually a nurse or hospital volunteer will then take the flowers to the patient's room, unless the doctor has specifically stated that the patient is too critical to have flowers at their bedside (as is usually the case with cancer wards and the ICU).
- If you know your recipient is in the ICU or Cancer wards, please wait to send them flowers until they've been moved to Recovery or have been discharged for recovery at home.
- To ensure the flowers are taken care of promptly, we advise you to leave the phone number(s) for a family member(s) who will be at the hospital during the delivery window. Our courier will call & text them upon arrival and try to meet them in the lobby.
- If the hospital you're delivering to is outside of our local DC & NYC delivery zone and is being shipped via FedEx, we strongly advise you to send the flowers to them after they've been discharged and are at home.
- Many times, the only place for hospitals to accept FedEx deliveries is at their shipping & loading dock or mail center along with all other hospital deliveries. In many cases, this means that the gift will not be available when you receive your confirmation email. We rely on FedEx to complete the delivery, and then the hospital staff or volunteer to coordinate dropping the package off to the intended recipient. This means the gift will usually arrive a few hours, or in some cases a day after it is confirmed delivered by FedEx. Please consider this before placing an order to a hospital.
- With both our local and our FedEx deliveries, please keep in mind there is a small amount of unboxing & set up required, more so with our FedEx deliveries.
We look forward to sending happiness together to your loved one soon!