Here are some of our best tips and tricks for the longest vase life:
- Our #1 tip for getting the most enjoyment out of your flowers is to change the water daily with fresh, cold water. The water should look good enough to drink!
- Upon receiving a bouquet, remove any materials bounding the bouquet together, and trim the stems at an angle using sharp snips, pruners, or scissors. Remove any leaves or foliage that will fall under the waterline.
- Using a clean vase, be sure to give it a rinse to remove any soapy residue, then fill with cold water.
- Follow the instructions on the package of flower food that was included with your order, and place the bouquet into the vase.
- For the longest vase life, change the water daily and trim the stems just a bit every day or so. Keep the flowers out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources and fresh fruit.
- If you'd like for your blooms to open up more quickly, perhaps for a special event, then use warm water to gently coax the blooms open.
- If you run out of plant food, it can be easily replicated at home by adding a couple of drops of bleach and a pinch of sugar to freshwater.
- Every stem has a different expected vase life. As blooms expire, pull them out from the bouquet to keep the other blooms fresher, longer.
- Enjoy your bouquet's subtle changes each day as it ages gracefully!