- Succulents are low maintenance and great as “beginner plants” provided they get enough light
- Light: Prefers bright, direct light. A spot getting 6+ hours of sun a day will keep these plants happiest.
- Lower light levels can cause these plants to become leggy as they reach for the light.
Water only when soil is completely dry to the touch
- Overwatering will cause succulents to rot very quickly
- When watering, don’t allow water to pool or sit on top of the leaves, as this can also lead to rot.
- Most succulents are pet safe, but some varieties are not. Be sure to check the specific variety to confirm whether your plant needs to be kept out of reach of any pets.